Permanent link: https://hwk.sh/cv/
- Hermann Käser
- 19 June, 1984
- Montréal, Quebec
- German passport, Canadian Permanent Resident
Backend Developer at Pernod Ricard (February 2017 - Current)
As a tech lead at Pernod Ricard I am in charge of developing the in-house content management system used to create and manage the multiple brand websites. The CMS has helped us consolidate 80 different brand websites that were previously developed by different third parties, reducing costs and making them easier and faster to maintain. I have also helped setup a continuous integration process that reduces manual work by flagging errors and automating testing.
The CMS, brand sites, and associated microservices are all developed in Symfony 3.4, PHP 7.3, and are deployed on AWS.
Backend Developer (October 2012 - February 2017)
The main tools I’ve used during this time have been PHP 7.1+, Symfony 2+3, PHPUnit, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, AWS, Jenkins, Vagrant, and Docker. I’ve also used Couchbase, Solr, Ansible, Rackspace cloud servers, Zookeeper, Redis, and Zend in some capacity.
Full Stack Developer at nvivo.es (July 2008 - September 2012)
- Work at nvivo.es/5gig.com revolved mainly around everything that went on behind the scenes; live and test server systems administration, backend managment tool, crawler scripts, and the model (the M in MVC).
Programmer at Destinia (September 2007 - June 2008)
- Maintained and updated the hotel search engine, backend providers, and internal management tools.
Web Developer at Ninefortynine (2004-2007)
- Developing websites using PHP and MySQL in valid XHTML and CSS
- Linux server maintenance: live, test and backup servers
- Briefing clients and maintaining contact throughout the development process and later support
I’ve made a number of small and large contributions to Open Source Software. Here’s a list in rough chronological order:
- Minor bugfix for phpro/grumphp
- Documentation, code styling, and small tweak for webwarejp/OpenppWebPushAdapter
- General improvements for LycheeOrg/Lychee-Laravel
- Adds an icon to madebymany/sir-trevor-js
- General improvements for RyanNoelk/OpenEats
- American School of Madrid
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Computer Science
- University of Derby, HND Computer Studies and Internet Technologies
- University of Derby, Placement
- https://github.com/hermzz: my personal github account
- Spanish, native
- English, native
- Very little German
More about me
I’m an old school science fiction fan (Asimov, Bradbury, Philip K. Dick) but I’ll read almost any kind of fiction I can get my hands on. I enjoy a good game of Ultimate. I started playing while at university and I’ve continued ever since playing for a number of club teams from different countries and representing Spain and Great Britain at European and World level competitions. I also like to take pictures and I maintain a tumblr blog.