Permanent link: https://hwk.sh/cv/
- Hermann Käser
- 19 June, 1984
- Montréal, Quebec
- German passport, Canadian Permanent Resident
Tools Developer at Turbulent (October 2020 - Current)
- Developing internal tools for Star Citizen. Mainly the crash reporting pipeline and the development tool to run the whole game platform.
- Python, PHP, C#, Typescript, Docker.
Backend Developer (October 2012 - October 2020)
The main tools I’ve used during this time have been PHP 7.1+, Symfony 2+3, Wordpress, PHPUnit, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, AWS, Jenkins, Vagrant, and Docker. I’ve also used Couchbase, Solr, Ansible, Rackspace cloud servers, Zookeeper, Redis, and Zend in some capacity.
CTO at nvivo.es (July 2008 - September 2012)
- Work at nvivo.es/5gig.com revolved mainly around everything that went on behind the scenes; live and test server systems administration, backend managment tool, crawler scripts, and the model (the M in MVC).
Programmer at Destinia (September 2007 - June 2008)
- Maintained and updated the hotel search engine, backend providers, and internal management tools.
Web Developer at Ninefortynine (2004-2007)
- Developing websites using PHP and MySQL in valid XHTML and CSS
- Linux server maintenance: live, test and backup servers
- Briefing clients and maintaining contact throughout the development process and later support
I’ve made a number of small and large contributions to Open Source Software. Here’s a list in rough chronological order:
- Minor bugfix for phpro/grumphp
- Documentation, code styling, and small tweak for webwarejp/OpenppWebPushAdapter
- General improvements for LycheeOrg/Lychee-Laravel
- Adds an icon to madebymany/sir-trevor-js
- General improvements for RyanNoelk/OpenEats
- Bugfixes for Bitwarden clients
- American School of Madrid
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Computer Science
- University of Derby, HND Computer Studies and Internet Technologies
- University of Derby, Placement
- https://github.com/hermzz: my personal github account
- Spanish, native
- English, native
- French, basic
More about me
I’m an old school science fiction fan (Asimov, Bradbury, Philip K. Dick) but I’ll read almost any kind of fiction I can get my hands on. I enjoy a good game of Ultimate. I started playing while at university and I’ve continued ever since playing for a number of club teams from different countries and representing Spain and Great Britain at European and World level competitions. I also like to take pictures and I maintain a tumblr blog.